At Availed Technologies, we’re thrilled to announce that the Massachusetts Department of Transportation (Highway Division, Qualified Traffic Control) has experimentally approved our AV-400 Solar RRFB.
Learn more about the importance of this approval today:
The Impact of the AV-400 Solar RRFB
RRFBs play a crucial role in pedestrian crash countermeasures, and our AV-400 Solar RRFB is no exception.
Purpose-built from the bottom-up, the AV-400 series features both high-efficiency LED modules and an ultra-low power controller that remains dependable year after year.
It also touts:
- A rated operating capacity exceeding 300 activations per day
- High-intensity light output that exceeds the MUTCD requirements by up to five times
- A sophisticated, compact solar engine design that is install-ready for all pole mount systems, making the installation process under 15 minutes
- Zero configuration required for near-wireless connection between systems; one wire runs from the push button to the solar engine
- Easily bolted or banded to any pole size thanks to its three-point pivoting lightbar mounting bracket and universal solar engine mount
Whether you are a Traffic Engineer responsible for designing and specifying an upcoming project, a Town Engineer seeking lower-cost, higher-powered alternatives to your municipality’s existing RRFBs, or a Traffic Technologist who knows that your city’s pedestrian countermeasures need an upgrade, consider the AV-400 Solar RRFB today.
The Benefits of Working With Availed Technologies
As established in the FHWA Countermeasure Tech Sheet, the average cost of one RRFB system is $22,250 USD– ranging from $4,500 USD to $52,000 USD each.
However, Availed Technologies makes it so you can install three-to-five RRFB systems for the same average cost of one. It’s all thanks to our RRFBs’ higher efficiency, smaller form factor, and minimized size.
That means each RRFB in our AV-400 series:
- Offers lower material costs
- Is easy to handle and fast to install
- Can be pre-installed prior to being on-site and/or mounted onto existing sign posts
We are so proud that our AV-400 Solar RRFB is now included on MassDOT Qualified Traffic Control Equipment List, under the Rectangular Rapid Flashing Beacons, Section 824: Flashing Beacons, Illuminated Warning Signs, and Lighted Barrier Arrows .